Friday, April 10, 2015

Polka Dots x Pretty Woman

Do you believe in speaking things into existence? I swear every time I speak on things, they come. Maybe not the moment I want them, but they always do. Even little things like fashion lol. 

I was watching Pretty Woman a few weeks back and she was wearing a brown dress with white polka dots. I love polka dots and was thinking, damn I really love that fabric. I wanted to find that fabric or a similar fabric as a top or skirt. Fast forward to two weeks later in the store and found it! 



You may say luck, but I say the universe is on my side at all times. I even wore the pearls earrings to complete the Pretty Woman look.


I didn't want to wear the top with something expected. Originally I was thinking  a white a line skirt and possibly white pumps. But I found this cream linen skirt a few moments later and decided to flow with it.


The brown wooden buttons went with the polka dot theme.

 

The skirt has two pockets on the sides with an attached belt. I tied the belt in the back because it clashed with the top. The skirt also reminds me of a dress that Julia Roberts wore after her shopping trip in Pretty Woman. To pair them together was fate lol.

I haven't worn my brown belted sandals since last summer. I almost thought they clashed with the theme, but it gives it an edge. I found them at Target for $20.

Top & Skirt: My Sisters Closet (Thrift Store); Shoes: Target; Clutch: Nordstroms Rack; Sunglasses: Velvet Eye wear; Earrings: Nasty Gal

The total cost of this look is $35, including the heels and clutch. I can't wait to wear these pieces separately. What do you think of the look?

A few pics of my Pretty Woman Inspiration below:





Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Girl yes!!
    Pretty woman indeed hunny I'm LOVING all these shades of brown!
    Perfect shoes too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to thrifting! You did a great job recreating this outfit. I love how the skirt and top go together ant the brown sandals just goes perfectly with this. How is your water challenge going by the way.

    Princess Audu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is going great, not going to the bathroom as much lol but it is almost over, a few more days to go.

      Delete