Wednesday, March 11, 2015

LAFW x Armani

During L.A. Fashion Week there are day and night events. This look is for one of the night events. Listen, Armani came through for me this evening. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to wear for one of the events, but when you don't stress, things come the way they should. 

I am also loving my hair more and more each day. I need a nick name or something...I'll think of one after a few glasses of wine.


I ordered this skirt about a week ago, it was on sale of course and I actually forgot I ordered it. I knew I wanted to wear a fringe skirt for one of the events.


 I planned to make one as D.I.Y., but the fringe trim I wanted was quite expensive, so until I can find it in wholesale, that project will have to wait.



Anyway, this skirt is from Nasty Gal for around $30. When I received it, I had no idea what to wear with it, so I went to a thrift store that carries designer items. This is the first time going to this thrift store in a year, it is a bit far from my house, but worth it.

Found a complete Armani suit for $90! In my size, well it needs a little bit of alterations of course, but overall it is my size. I think I shed a tear.


So after going home I pieced items together and came up with this look. 


I wasn't too sold on my shoe choice, but I haven't worn these heels since last L.A. Fashion week. Plus they are comfortable. In this case it was comfort over style for me. A lot of walking and what not.


The top is actually a bra shape wear shirt from Target. It is silky, but I wanted a low cut luxury looking top, without having to go to the mall. Again, I put together this look Saturday Night. 


The blazer is just magical! I have been looking for a long line black blazer for a long time that I love. I feel like it was waiting for me at the door. The large matte buttons and flat collars. I am truly in love.

My father says wherever you show up, you must show out and shit I think I am. 

Skirt: Nasty Gal; Blazer: Armani (Thrifted); Top: Target Bra Section; Heels: Steve Madden; Sunglasses: Dior; Earrings: Nasty Gal; Lipstick: Cyber by MAC

 I say whenever you go into a crowd, especially to network, you must have some type of conversation piece. You know something that may spark someone to approach you or comfortable to speak to you. This entire look for me is my conversation piece. Oh also my hair...lol. It is big as hell.

Whenever I wear all black, I feel like I can rob a bank or three. 

What do you think of the look?

9 comments:

  1. I agree with you, everything is this look is a conversation piece. I adore your skirt and blazer. This look is so dope, I love your shoe choice as well.

    Princess Audu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your style! Seem so effortless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look from hair to toe!!! It's funny cause I had also been wanted to do a fringe skirt DIY for a while and honestly just haven't got to it so I went online and found a fringe skirt on sale, although you got a better deal I bought mine on last call and have been trying to figure out what the heck I am going to wear with it. Thanks for a lil inspiration. Super great find on the suit and I also love the shoes, they look fabulous! okay, that was a lil long, but I was just excited by so many parts of your outfit and post. LOL
    -Melissa
    Mahogany Closet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much girl, you can do so much with a fringe skirt. They are fun and sexy. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

      Delete
  4. Yes huntttyyy!!
    The girls are out to PLAY!!
    My fav pic is the 2nd to the last one.
    Fire!

    http://ivegotcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your style is just too dope for words!

    ReplyDelete