Monday, March 9, 2015

One Skirt x One Belt x Three Looks - LAFW

So I am headed to L.A. Fashion Week tonight and mid-terms are due this week. Pray for me lol. I will be updating the blog throughout the week, with a few looks I will be wearing in L.A. I am only going for two days, but they will be an amazing two days. Can't wait to link up with my friends and hit up the thrift stores. 

I also changed my hair a little bit, trying to switch things up from my regular routine. I am trying to protect it, while I wait to pick out a new summer color. Not sure which color yet, but if you have any suggestions let me know. This style is growing on me...starting to love it.

Anyway I created a small challenge for myself because I tend to over pack, like all of us do. The challenge was to create three different looks with one skirt. 

The skirt was purchased at Goodwill for $7. Of course!

Rocker Chic

So my first look is just a more edgy casual version. Simple graphic tee and leather caged heels. 

The heels have a clear heel as well, but I forgot to capture it. I promise to update quick snaps of my details while in L.A. 


Accessorized with my Betsy Johnson black hoops and Cyber Mac Lipstick. 

 Vixen Chic


This look is the dressy version of the skirt. Sexy meets vixen LOL. 


It is actually a faux leather top, worn tucked in the skirt, then the belt to complete the look. My friend actually thought it was a dress. 

Coat & Skirt: Goodwill; Top: ASTR; Heels: Sam Edelman; Belt: BCBG; Ring: Aldo
I accessorized the look with my teal blue trench for a pop of color and jeweled heels to match. Worn with my Fendi blue sunglasses, this look is second fave.

Quirky Chic


My final look is more fun, yet sexy.


I paired the skirt with my favorite polka dot blazer and belted the look to give it shape.

Blazer: Old; Belt: BCBG; Skirt: Goodwill; Shoes: Nordstrom; Sunglasses: Call It Spring: Rings: Nordstrom

Accessorized it with my round frames and jeweled rings. I could've worn a earrings for this look, something simple. This is a blend between sexy and casual. 

Sorry that the picture quality was not the best, I actually took these a little tipsy after realizing I may not have time between day drinking and events. So after several glasses of wine I realized f*ck it. I wanted to show you anyway. 

Which look is your favorite?

6 comments:

  1. I love this look-book, do more please! Look one is my favourite, simplicity at its best. I love the change in your hair as well.

    Princess Audu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first time I did the whole one item three looks, I definitely will do it again. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see what you find in the thrift stores out there!
    The middle look with the Gorgeous T is my fav.
    It just ooozes..."Bad Bitch"

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's between the first and second look for my favs. Love the causal chicness the "GORGEOUS" top adds and who doesn't like to wear a top that says gorgeous LOL. I do also love how look 2 actually does look like it is a dress and the pop of color with the blue teal coat. Every time I see your great thrift store finds it makes me want to run to a thrift store to see if I can find a gem.

    Melissa
    Mahogany Closet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl I just went to the thrift store and found some more gems that you won't believe. I don't know if I am getting lucky or not, but I love it lol. Thank you!

      Delete