Friday, April 17, 2015

H&M x Tyler The Creator x Random Pics

The other night I went to a Tyler The Creator concert with my coworker and best friend. If you are not familiar with Tyler, he is a young rapper who is a part of Odd Future, which also includes Frank Ocean.

Tyler's music is a bit raunchy, creepy, and probably made for college kids. The reason why I enjoy him is because I studied his lyrics and appreciate his story. It is actually deep. He also reminds me of my brother a lot and did I mention Frank Ocean? I took a few pics and shared them at the end of this post.



Anyway I recently ran into a couple from Instagram at a fashion show in Phoenix. They are so cute. He was wearing this shirt and I spotted him in the crowd. I saw this shirt previously, but I didn't buy it until I saw it on him.


I decided to wear it as a dress, because I am turning everything into a dress if it lets me. Also it is in the 90's here. Ain't nobody got time for pants.


I wore thin running shorts underneath, because my mom can still beat me lol. Also if it is windy you might flash someone.
Shirt: H&M; Shoes: Aldo; Clutch: Nordstrom: Sunglasses: Velvet Eye Wear

I wore it with my white Aldo pumps and white clutch. The shirt is sold at H&M in the women's department and only for $24! A complete outfit. You can wear it with pants or shorts.

I will be wearing this shirt as a daytime look when I go to Vegas. 

What do you think of the look?

Worn by Kieran Nash, IG: @styledbynash
 

and Mrs. Nash IG: @mrsnash__


Now a few pics from the concert...


 I was out scouting new street art the other day and captured a quick shot, wrinkled shirt and all. Every time I see this mural it is either at night or when 80 people are around it.

I do love my new Steve Madden platforms though. Can't wait to style them.


Tyler just put out a new album called Cherry Bomb, the day before this show. I was pretty excited to be the first group to see him perform his new album. I prefer his classic album Bastard, but I have to give Cherry Bomb a chance.

At the concert they passed out some masks, which made me feel even more like a juvenile. The colors of the mask were dope though and I want to do something with it later.

So many people were at the show and doing mosh pits, shit was crazy! I was so happy I was upstairs. My old ass needs to sit down after an hour of standing sometimes.


Even though his stage was pretty basic, the lighting and his energy made the show. Simple shit. I don't usually like rap concerts because they yell in the mics and I worry for my safety lol. Last rap concert I went to was Kanye West, which was also dope.



Soon as we walked in, we were given "V.I.P." bracelets lol. It was basically an upstairs balcony with a bar and couches. I feel like when someone says "V.I.P." it could mean a lot of things. I have seen a lot of back stage and V.I.P. scenes in my day to give people the side eye. 

In this case I actually appreciated it because we had the perfect view and right under the A/C unit. Away from the drunk college kids and there was a private bar. It was a sad day to that I couldn't drink alcohol. *sigh*

Anyway he performed one of my favorite songs and the first song I heard from him...Yonkers!


He put on an overall good show and if you are into his music you should find out when he comes to your city.

2 comments: