Monday, January 12, 2015

All Black Everything

Winter is still here and so are my faux furs. I seriously cannot get enough of faux furs because I know it will heat up in AZ in the next few weeks probably lol. I really try not to spend too much on winter attire, but I want to be able to show my winter style for the blog. So I am just living in thrift stores this season and I struck gold that I can't wait to share. 
As much as I would like to think I was this cool, this faux fur vest was not thrifted and you will never guess where I bought it from. Also I made the clutch I am holding.


I went to Cali for the week of Christmas and decided to see what sales I could find for winter attire.



Some how I ended up in JcPenny and found this black faux fur vest for only $21. The price tag originally was $85.  Now that is what I call a sale!


When it comes to faux fur you want to make sure it still looks close to real. I always touch it first to feel how soft and plush it is. If it is rough and stiff, it just isn't worth it. I wish the fur was detachable, but I still love it. 

The clutch I made with left over faux fur fabric by sewing and gluing the sides. I added a stiff felt lining inside to give it a box look. I need to update my D.I.Y. for it.


The faux leather is also just as soft and plush and there is a fur lining inside the vest.


I decided to wear it with my black pants and black lace up boots from Urban OG. I purchased these boots for about $30 and they are amazing!


I purchased the sunglasses at Nordstrom's Rack for only $4. They have a clear frame with a metal trim. 



A red lip, simple accessories, and my cotton on T-Shirt to finish off the look. 

Vest: JcPenny; Pants: Macy's; Boots: Urban OG; Tshirt: Cotton On; Sunglasses: Nordstrom's Rack

I have worn this vest about four times already lol. I will continue to wear it as much as possible before it heats up. I love it!

What do you think of the look?

2 comments:

  1. Totally chic! Can't get over the black on black, effortlessly cool We want this look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooooo much! Especially the support!

      Delete