Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Black History Month - Get to Know Titus Kaphar

Let's get into some more art this week and put the spot light on another great person for Black History Month. I was supposed to share a D.I.Y. today and deleted the files on my usb, so that will have to wait until tomorrow. Until then, this is quite better. 

I found this amazing artist through my Tumblr last week and just had to share him with you all. His art work represents the past and present issues that African Americans dealt with. It left me speechless and with tears in my eyes. 

He captures the missing pieces that is not visible on art work show cased in history museums. 

Just take a look...








Titus Kaphar was born in 1976 in Kalamazoo, Michigan. He currently lives and works between New York and Connecticut, USA.




His artworks interact with the history of art by appropriating its styles and mediums. Kaphar cuts, bends, sculpts and mixes the work of Classic and Renaissance painters, creating formal games and new tales between fiction and quotation. 





















 Amazing right? See more of his work here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment