Monday, February 2, 2015

Basquiat Crown x Peter Pilotto

It's the second day of black history month, so lets start this thing off right! I am wearing the art of a handsome black artist and legend, Jean-Michel Basquiat. I don't want to get too deep because I plan on writing a seperate post dedicated to him this week.

If you are not familiar with Basquiat, he was a popular street artist based in New York. He painted what he felt and was a modern day Picasso. Most of his work was painted in the 80's. He also worked with Andy Warhol, which is another favorite artist of mine.

So let's move on to fashion. I bought this shirt over the holidays when I was in California. One of my secrets to score graphic tees is to go to the mens or boys department. They have tons of them and cheap!



I ended back at the original skate park I recently took pics earlier this month. There was just so much art up there, I had to have some cool street art in the back for this look.





Being that most of Basquiat's work was painted in the 80's, the boom box fit the  perfect background. 80's BABY!


I bought the shirt in the JcPenny mens department. It has became my favorite shirt. I paired it with my Peter Pilotto for Target skirt. I haven't worn this skirt in some time, but it goes perfect with this shirt.

The cape is actually a Calvin Klein dress that I purchased at a really cute thrift store for $10. It is a really chic dress that I will wear separate at a later date.




WuTang...


This art shows the horizon of Phoenix...


The hat that I seem to always wear is from H&M. I accessorized with my Dior frames and Betsy Johnson necklace.


The heels are Guess.

Top: JcPenny; Skirt: Target; Cape Dress: Calvin Klein; Heels: Guess; Hat: H&M; Sunglasses: Dior; Necklace: Betsy Johnson

This is one of my favorite looks because of the history behind it. I also love the black and white contrast. But wish I had my arms out in this pic lol. Look ma...no hands!

What do you think of the look?

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. What a cute outfit!
    I like the top and the places you choose to take photos are always cool!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I try to choose cool street art locations...Thank you for noticing :)

      Delete
  2. I love how you're now incorporating art in your blog. Showing the relation of visual to the art of fashion, it really makes your blog something different and special. Love this Basquiat tee and the whole outfit you put together! AMAZING!

    Also, I've started a fashion link up and would love if you would check it out and link up if you get a chance.
    Thanks,
    www.Mahogany-Closet.com

    ReplyDelete