Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Monochromatic Cream

Black coffee, no sugar, no cream...ayyy, remember that song? Some straight 90's R&B LOL. So remember I went over with you guys about monochrome, well here it is. I literally spent $17 on this entire look, well minus the accessories.

You don't have to spend money to look like it. I swear by this. I learned how to shop by my very frugal, yet splurging of a father that I have. Also whenever I was bored he would drop me off at whichever mall was around, while he worked on weekends. I swear I knew about price marking, clearance racks, color codes, season changes, quality, you name it. Shout out to my daddy...

Also Yeezy taught me about neutral color palettes.




Anyway I went into the thrift store with a goal to monochrome a look for the blog. Found this cream trench from Express for $7, then the turtle neck (which still had a tag) for $5, and the brown trousers for $4. 


The shoes are Aldo, watch is D&G, and sunglasses are from Velvet.


I found this look all in one visit, I was lucky. But going into a thrift store during the middle of the week seems to be the best.


I always wear sunglasses for a few reasons, one is my resting bitch face, two is the AZ sun is no joke, and three is there were times where the shot was great, but my face wasn't. 

Exhibit A. My eye lids are closed in this pic... 

Coat: Thrifted (Express); Sweater: Wool Company (Thrifted); Pants: Goodwill; Heels: Aldo; Watch: D&G; Sunglasses: Velvet
but I'm sleep though...

What do you think of the look? Yes, it is trendy and yes it may look boring, but it is chic and cheap. That is what I blog about and hope this gives you inspiration.

Traci Mari Smith

XOXO

4 comments: