Friday, October 9, 2015

Kanye West x Henny Cocktail

Ever since I started this blog, I wanted to do recipes and such. I am not a chef or anything, but thought it would be fun to try different recipes and share my experience with them. The actual real experience, even if it comes out looking like a kindergarten project. 

I decided to start small and see how my life could handle it. Starting with a cocktail recipe in honor of my best friend (in my head) Kanye West. I recently went to see him at the Arizona Summer Ends Festival. Along with Pusha T, Travis Scott, Vic Mensa, and Chance the Rapper. The show was dope, but the experience was a rough one. 


For those of you who don't already know, I am a die heart Kanye fan. Chicago at heart and he can never do me wrong lol. I choose Hennessy because my favorite outburst of his was when he showed up on the red carpet with a bottle of Henny and Amber Rose booty. 








 I don't even mess with dark liquor. Drunk it way too much during my younger party days and now I can barely look at it.


I saw Kanye once before in an air conditioned stadium and front row seats. I realized quickly that a festival is just not for my old ass anymore. I pre-gamed at my favorite downtown brunch spot, then made my way to the depths of hell.


It was 107 outside and we were not aware that every single venue in the festival only accepted cash. The ATM machines were not working and the only thing I had on me to drink, was the 4 Vodka shots I smuggled in. I thought not bringing cash was the adult thing to do.

 Apparently festivals are crawling with young ass college kids with their parents cash on deck.

Did I mention porta potties?


I watched everyone sip their cold beers and water, while I contemplated on leaving every 3rd minute. Water was $3!! I thought my life was going to end on that dry ass hot grass, while Kanye chanted Jesus walks. Right before that moment I remembered I put $3 in quarters in my purse for the meter. 

Yo, it was like I found gold in my pocket! I took my damn change to the cashier like I was Oliver Twist. 


Anyway, once I got my water I was able to stay and see my bestie hit the stage. Worth it! They handed out free water halfway into his performance after people were passing out. Too little too late.

Lets get into this drank though...

What you need:

1 1/2oz Hennessy VS
1 oz Mango Juice
1/2 oz Passion Fruit
1/2 Pineapple Juice
1/4 oz Lime Juice
1 oz Club Soda


Mix all of the ingredients in a shaker with ice. Strain and serve.


I will admit, it was quite interesting measuring the ounces. I used ml and converted to ounces. This drink takes a full shot of Hennessy. 


Viola! It looks strong and it is strong, but good. It wasn't the best drink I have made, but I think that is because I don't care for dark liquor. I was feeling myself by the second glass.

Anyway, try it out and I will try something with champagne next.

Drink responsibly!

4 comments:

  1. That drink look absolutely great! I'm definitely going to need to make this one day, thanks! We should follow each other so I can keep getting more recipes lol

    http://lbsabotage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was really good! I will follow you, glad we found each other.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lmaoooooo @ this whole post.
    It's literally 4am and I just got home, wiped my makeup off and just got in bed.
    Currently watching some awful movie on HBO, a cross between Paranormal Activity and bad acting. But it's scary enough to make me feel the need to distract myself. And that's how I landed on your blog tonight.
    Looooong story short.
    This post is doing the job and also making me very thirsty.
    I don't need any more influences here, my joint is already lit.

    Bookmarking this post for later.
    Goodnight.

    ReplyDelete