Monday, January 5, 2015

Some Art Sh*t and A Poncho

Happy New Year! Back in town and back in action. My first look of 2015 and I must say that I am extremely happy about it. It isn't a major jaw dropping look, but the perfect way to show how the direction of the blog will go. Remember I wanted to incorporate my love for art and add more self expression.

I think we forget and get lost in our everyday lives and lose ourselves. We look up and notice we are walking with sheep instead of running like wolves. We forget that clothing is an art form and used for self expression, not just trends and to be "cool". There is nothing wrong with trends, I follow them as you can see, but as long as we stay true to ourselves. Rules to fashion should be what you love and slay shit everyday!


Ok, I will go on and on, but I chose this first artwork of 2015 because of the bubble air quote. The bubble just has a lot of scrambled symbols. For me this art piece is a lesson I need to take with me in 2015. Not always listening to negativity, comments, distractions, etc.


 It is also telling me to stop and listen more. I tend to talk over people a lot, instead of letting them finish speaking. If I want to be best person I can be, I have to balance listening as well as ignoring negativity. Words mean things if you let it. But I always think action speaks louder than words. So make sure to do both.


Now on to fashion...



I found this poncho at Ross...yes Ross. I haven't been inside a Ross for quite some time, but with the Holiday shopping, you tend to go into any and all stores that you can to check off your list. This poncho was only $25.


I accessorized it with my black fedora hat and round sunglasses.



My black boots that I wear pretty much everyday. I also purchased for a low cost of $30 at Nordstrom's Rack.


Paired the poncho with an all black tee from Cotton on and my distressed black jeans from H&M.



Ponchos have made a big come back this season in trends. I honestly didn't see myself wanting to get with it, but I loved the color combination so much that I had to have it. The colors and texture reminded me of a blanket I got on my first trip to Mexico when I was 9, except it was pink lol. Also the fact that it has sleeves made it more versatile for me.

This look was extremely easy as far as a everyday casual look. I don't mind keeping ponchos around. What do you think of the look?


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors and love the boots! I have a great poncho that I got at Ross for $7!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah they are great for winter and laid back looks.

      Delete