Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Ponchos and Tequila

Since I recently wore a poncho, I wanted to highlight the trend and give you a cool tequila recipe. Why not...its 2015! Anyway, ponchos have been around for centuries, but I only remember them being fashionable in the 70's hippie phase, the 90's grudge look, and now again or the season. Ever since Burberry showcased the poncho on the runway, they have been everywhere.

I couldn't really see myself getting into this trend, until I found one that showcased my love for pops of color. Also the poncho is the most comfortable, laziest garment that you can still look chic in.

I've been using mine as a blanket, coat, and dress lol. 



I love the bold colors and textures they all come in. Also sticking to tradition. 


From dresses...


To over coats. 


Burberry added personal initials to their ponchos on the runway. 


You can dress them up...


Or down. 



I love them! I think I love them more because they are just cozy and it isn't often that I can dress for warm temperatures in Phoenix.

I pulled together a few ponchos that I love.

Now for Tequila. I found this really cool Tequila recipe on Pop Sugar that made me think about ponchos.


Ingredients:

16 ounces strawberries, stemmed and quartered
3 lemons, 2 juiced and 1 sliced
20 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
4 ounces agave syrup
1 1/2 cups tequila
Crushed ice
Club soda or sparkling water

Directions:
  1. Muddle the strawberries with the lemon juice, lemon slices, mint, and agave syrup in a large pitcher.
  2. Add the tequila and stir well. Place the pitcher in the fridge and let the flavors come together for a couple of hours.
  3. Pour over rocks glasses filled with crushed ice. Top each glass with club soda and garnish with mint leaves before serving.
Remember to drink responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment