Monday, January 26, 2015

80's Called...They Want Their Pants Back

So I bought an olive 80's looking pants suit at Goodwill a few weeks back. It was just hanging there looking depressed, with cheetah print removable fur collars. I was wondering why, on a Saturday 50% off morning, it was still sitting there. Many people don't see potential in thrift stores, well I won't say no one, but a lot of things are over looked. Potential is all I see when I walk in there.

Which brings me to my point that these big ass wide legged trousers are connected to a jump suit. I tucked in the 80's era top into the pants and viola!





I didn't want to cut the top portion off just yet because I feel like with the right amount of love, I can wear the entire piece. But for now I wanted to show off my find. 


When I go into most stores I have a goal or vision. I name things that I am looking for, what I said I needed, or a trend I saw. Usually by doing this I find just exactly that and more.


For instance I said I want a red pants suit for my Valentines look and I found one on Saturday for $7.

I tend to thrift more during the winter here because winters don't last long. It is hard for me to spend anything over $20 for a coat, sweater, or boots lol. Technically it is still pretty warm here, so the summer will hit in about 6 weeks for us.


Anyway I paired the 80's trousers with my BCBG cream blazer and thrifted drape top. 



Accessorized it with my favorite Ted Baker clutch, which I actually broke right after these pics. But with glue and love I will be able to fix it.  Also the sun was all up in  my grill that morning, I usually shoot at sunset...


Blazer: BCBG Max Azria; Clutch: Ted Baker; Pants and Top: Thrift; Shoes: Fergie; Sunglasses: Velvet Eyewear

I love pairing high and lows. Thrifting really brings the creativity out in me. Malls are extremely trendy, so you tend to buy what is only trending. I think you lose your creativity if you just go straight to the masses each time. It teaches me to love fashion all over again and I live for challenges. 

Overall I love his look, it is comfortable and chic. I should've wore a belt however, but still looks great. 

What do you think of the look?

1 comment:

  1. Phew!! You are killing them though!!
    And thank goodness you saved your clutch, don't you hate it when that happens?

    ReplyDelete