Thursday, July 9, 2015

B.Day Dress x Nastygal

I had the opportunity to check out Nasty Gal in Melrose last month. I was looking for a unique dress to wear for my birthday dinner. After hitting up thrift stores, I strolled on in to see what the fuss was all about.

My main goal was to find out my exact size. I see a lot of things on the NastyGal site, but I gained a bit or weight and wasn't sure what size I should order. Still a size 6 though *bats eyelashes*, but barely.


I walk in and the employees were so freaking cute and nice. I actually ended up exchanging contact with a sales rep names Alyssa. I told her what I was looking for and she went to the back to provide me with everything I desired.



 I am getting ahead of myself. The facility is nice, but I must say a bit small. I was expecting the store front to be a bit bigger. But it was very unique. The dressing room is in the middle of the store. Floor to ceiling mirrors and a colorful palette.



What I loved most about the fitting rooms was that you could see out, but they couldn't see in. The sales team wrote your name on the mirrors to keep track of who is who. They started a room for me right away, provided me with anything I needed to create my entire look.

Yeah I know they have to make a sale, but it worked. It doesn't take much to please me baby, just some water, compliments, and spell my name right. I will admit I wasn't expecting Nasty Gal to give you the same experience as a high end store.

I tried on a few dresses and I fell in love with an all sequins tunic, but I did that last year and it was really heavy.


My second favorite was this white scuba midi dress. It zips all the way down and has mesh details. I loved that I could wear it in different ways and that I haven't spotted this dress on anyone yet. I also knew I wanted something white or pink. It was perfect.

I wanted to add pops of color to my look, so I wore it with my blue mirrored Fendi frames and my green Asos sandals.

Since I giving my email to the sales rep Alyssa, I received personal emails to tell me about exclusive sales and warehouse deals they are having. She provided me with her hours and if I wanted to put anything on hold.


My take on the entire experience with the new Nasty Gal stores was fun only because of their sales reps. There was really nothing this store had that others didn't as far as looks. If their reps didn't approached me right away, I would've scanned the store and left.

Of course I love everything Nasty Gal sells, it is very unique, but I wish they offered more.

The store didn't carry a lot of the things that I love on their site. I wish they had more casual wear available in the store. Like their vintage graphic tees and jeans. Their skirts and tops.

Dress: Nasty Gal; Heels: Asos; Sunglasses: Fendi; Watch: Dior
I would only go back to this store because of the amazing experience I had with the reps. I know I can walk in and tell them what I want and they do the hard work for me. I didn't feel pressured and they gave me many options. They were very friendly and that is worth driving pass Top Shop.

Is it worth flying out to see it or sitting in L.A. traffic for hours...probably not. Is it worth going out of your way because you have specifics and you need to be taken care of, Yes!

It was nice to see the quality of the clothes up close. I will suggest shopping online with their store and returning it if it doesn't fit. What you see is what you get.

The sun was blazing hard and it was too hot to get my camera settings just right, so here is a better look at the dress details.







6 comments:

  1. "Just spell my name right"... I don't think people understand how simple it is to please folks. Two of my biggest pet peeves are spelling my name wrong and saying it wrong (it's Kesha... I don't understand what's so hard about that)... so if somebody can get it right I'm practically putty in their hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, so this is what it's like to shop at a Nasty Gal store!

    I've always wanted to try on their stuff in person because as much as I order from them, I've also had to return a lot of things.
    My store credit is RIDIC.

    Anywhoo de whooo, thanks for giving us the breakdown of the store and what we can expect from it.
    I think you settled of a GORGEOUS dress because you look freaking stunning! And good call on getting that close up shot - you're right, much more detail without the mid-day sun fucking shit up.

    My birthday is this weekend (the 19th) and I'm going hard starting Thursday.
    STILL on the lookout for a birthday fit though.
    I need 2 looks but have 4 on order hee hee :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wish more online stores were available, but I did find out that overall I am a size 6 in dresses with them. They need to open up a store on the East Coast, I am sure that is a goal. I hope they add more selections the next time I visit. I can't wait to see what you wear for your birthday, I know it will be effortless and simple, make the booty pop lol, thanks boo!

      Delete
  3. First off these shots are AMAZE BALLS! I'm so glad you wore the dress. I never saw it on someone before and now I refuse to see it on anyone else because you look absolutely STUNNING (as always)! I hope your birthday was out of this world fun and that the Vegas weather was forgiving.

    Thank you so much for the shout out. It's amazing #GirlBoss' like you that make my Nasty Gal life worth living. Please bring the little bae's next time. We'd love to meet them!

    Oh and as for the adorbs fluff-a-luffs, everyone asks about them and I always give them your info.

    You're such a dime Traci and I can't wait to see you again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! I am so happy we met and can't wait to come back!! XOXO

      Delete