Monday, June 1, 2015

Kimono x Brunch

Yo, it's hot as hell here. I know I live in Arizona and should be used to it, but I think it shocked me for a bit yesterday. We've been having really decent weird weather for this time of year here, so I had hope that we had a bit more time. 

I decided to wake up early to get some pictures out of the way. Forgot to eat breakfast, but had plenty of water and graham crackers in the car. Like a true G.



 A few hours pass by and I felt like passing out, while sweat rolled down every inch of me. The pics came out kind of dope though. Can you tell that I was staring death in the face?


All I could think about is if I passed out wearing this Kimono, at least I slayed. Slayed well enough to get one of the medical staffs phone number, after they peeled me from the concrete.


I did manage to get some cold Gatorade and a protein bar to save my life. I knew if I stopped to get real food, I would fall asleep. I don't remember how I handled pictures in the summer last year. I just know they all looked crazy because of it.


So, instead of leaving at 8:45AM, I should leave at 6AM. I am dedicated to this shit. 

Anyway, lets get into this Kimono. I actually was skeptical about getting it, because of culture appropriation. I just figured that I wasn't trying to mock a culture, but just slay for fashion. 


I've been wanting a light unique kimono for the summer and I am sure you are not shocked to hear that I bought it at Goodwill for $5. I think it is actually a robe because it came with a tie. It was marked as a Halloween item, so I am pretty sure they didn't know what to do with it.


But I did! Originally I was going to wear it with denim cut off shorts, but I ended up finding this yellow skirt a few minutes later.


I plan to wear it as a dress, robe, and cover up in the next coming weeks.

Top: Cotton On; Glasses: Just Mariklo; Kimono: Goodwill; Skirt: Goodwill (Forever 21); Rings: Nordstroms; Shoes: Steve Madden

Paired it with my cream cat eye frames, that I am selling here. Use code JustFirst for 10% off your entire order.

As much as I want to wear and show clothing that you can purchase at the mall. The mall ends up wasting an entire day for me and I end up with close to nothing. I am usually in the mall more during the fall and winter months. Seems like the trends are not as basic. 

I did end up going to brunch over the weekend at this dope spot in the Phoenix Art District. $10 bottle mimosas and $3 vodka specials. Enough cheap drinks to give you a headache. Food was great and they have karaoke. 

You can also purchase my purse fur ball here.


No comments:

Post a Comment