Friday, May 29, 2015

Get to know Artist Kashmir Thompson

It has been a long time since I featured some dope art. I ran across some the other day that made me appreciate the human race a little bit more. 

First, lets focus on the fact that this artist is painting my entire 90's child hood and everything that Dave Chapelle is. Kashmir Thompson is an artist based out of Ohio and creates beautiful masterpieces of sitcoms and her love for black pop culture. From sets, to pillows, bags, and more.

Can we just get into this painted set of every Chappelle shows greatest skits? I just want this in my living room, right above the couch.


Or this Different World set that I would put in my hall way heading towards my bedroom.


Or this Martin set that I would put into my kitchen.


The shit is just dope! I did mention pillows right?



She prints the paintings on pillow sets for your bed room or living room or life. You can purchase the set together or single pillows.



T-shirts and bags.




But the movie Friday!?! Every character is painted to perfection. I would've liked to see pops though. 


She also paints different trends in pop culture, like this Kendrick Lamar album painting. 


Maya Angelou 


Hands up!


The artist is only 25 years old and she seems to know what she is doing. I love how she paints the things she loves and sticks to herself. I can't imagine what she paints as she matures with age. She is someone I will be keeping a close eye on. 


The different world sets are almost sold out, so if you are interested, I wouldn't sit on it too long. I am torn between The Different World and Martin sets. The Chappelle Show sets are sold out and hopefully will be back soon.

 You can purchase and see more at http://kashmirviii.bigcartel.com/.

2 comments:

  1. this is so awesome to me. i love art in general and these are such a rare find. it was a lot of fun trying to deciper who was who (martin is my fav). i would love to see more of her art. fastly becoming my fav, even after visiting one site. #teamkash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so awesome to me. i love art in general and these are such a rare find. it was a lot of fun trying to deciper who was who (martin is my fav). i would love to see more of her art. fastly becoming my fav, even after visiting one site. #teamkash.

    ReplyDelete