Monday, June 22, 2015

Black Suit x Warhol

I am warning you now, there are a lot of pictures in this post. This weekend was very eventful for me, but yesterday I was finally able to go see my favorite artist exhibit, Andy Warhol. Not too many people like Warhol, but I am obsessed by any form of pop art.

 Actually I love most art made during the late 60's throughout the 80's. When everyone was high and made the best shit from emotions. 


Now everyone is sober and mimics others...I digress. I am warning you now that some of the pics are not that great in quality. They wouldn't allow pictures, so me and my friend Akeem had to sneak them all on his phone. Except a few that were not part of the exhibit. 



I also went in a suit after almost having a break down of not knowing what to wear. Akeem suggested that I wear a suit. What other outfit would I wear to honor my ex-husband Warhol? The suit didn't help me blend in though, that was almost a mistake.



They had so many people watching us and stopping us from taking pics. We had to plan a few of them, walk around several times, and almost started a commotion to capture them. It made it more interesting and fun though.

Not Warhol

The exhibit was soooooo amazing. The color block walls made everything pop. Seeing his work up close made me appreciate it more. The way he used different brush techniques and contrast. I didn't realize how detailed he was. 



Very simple, but detailed. I also didn't realize the different types of work he created. Canvas, prints, Polaroids, blue lights, balloons, and more. I wish my entire house could just be Warhol. That prince canvas is the shit!



Most importantly, he had fun with everything he did. He stayed true to himself and everyone loved him. I would go see another exhibit in a heart beat. 


I originally wanted this look and pics for my birthday look, but I couldn't capture everything I wanted. I am still obsessed with this look and had so much fun.



I always dress up when going museums, I feel that they should have a damn dress code lol. People put a lot of thought into their work, so we should appreciate it.


This hanging wood piece is one of my favorite art pieces at the Phoenix Art Museum. This piece was created by charred wood pieces from a church that burned down. Each wood piece are hanging on fish lines and they all have movement. It something I would go see if you are ever in Phoenix.

Blazer: Armani (My sisters closet); Pants: Goodwill; Top: Target; Heels: Nordstrom; Watch: D&G

Of course the fashion part of it all was mostly thrifted. The blazer is by Armani, pants Goodwill, and top is Target. 

A few more pics from the Warhol exhibit...




A few favorite pieces that are not Warhol, but great...








Fin!

Do you have a favorite artist? 

2 comments:

  1. Damn you're rocking that suit!! Love everything about this post. Andy is dope as hell. One of my fave artists is Hebru Brantley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks boo and interesting, I don't think I ever heard of him. I will look him up and write about him

    ReplyDelete