Friday, June 12, 2015

Warms Winds x Windmills

For those of you who have not yet had the pleasure of driving through Palm Springs, it is a wonderland. It seems that I am hitting up L.A. a lot lately and every time I see these beautiful windmills I smile. It could also be that it is my two hour mark to the city lol.

They call it the a windmill farm and I always wanted to get out and capture them, so I took the opportunity. I pulled over on the side of the road and made the best of it. It was windy, rainy, and a lot of damn bugs.


My tripod and I make a good team for 20 minutes worth of snapping time and fucked up lighting.


This look was not planned. I knew I wanted to wear something that would flow with the scene. I found this top in downtown L.A., I just had a quick vision of the windmill farm.

It finally made sense why I pack two weeks worth of shit in my car. Even if I do just leave town for a day.



I hit up a consignment shop in L.A. called Wasteland. My idea was to hit up a few stores in hopes of finding a unique birthday look. Wasteland had so much great shit, that it took me 3 1/2 hours to go through it all. 


I could only feed the meter for two hours at a time. I had to come out in the middle of shopping and feed the meter, walk all the way back in platforms. You couldn't tell me shit, *tuh*, but it was 89 degrees and I pretended that I was not affected by my struggle lol.



Wasteland was a bit overpriced in my opinion. They almost wanted retail price or close to it for some things, but it was my favorite out of three stores that I went into. Wasteland has a few stores throughout the city, so I will be back for sure. This top is Zara and cost $26.


I am in love with this top. It's comfortable, light, and sexy. My new go to top. I wore it with my Dolce Vita wedges and Hollister cut off shorts.

Top: Zara (Thrift); Shorts: Hollister; Shoes: Dolce Vita; Sunglasses: Justmariklo

I didn't have much to style it with, so I went along with what I had. I was afraid of taking these photos alone on the side of the highway, not to mention I was concerned about snakes. I know I will be back to capture more with some mace and a knife lol.

Can you tell I am excited about July coming? 

More of the windmill farm...



Images: Google

4 comments:

  1. Yaaaaas girl, this flowy look is giving me life, yes girl!!
    I need to start keeping clothes in my car...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yes keeping something in my car, especially traveling is my go to.

      Delete
  2. I really love this post. Everything.

    ReplyDelete