Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Get to know artist Kiana Michele

I feel like I should create a separate category for just my favorite Art pieces. It seems like I am writing about it and loving it a little more and more each day. This week is a personal favorite because she is actually a friend of mine. Not only do I know her, but we share similar growth stories. Kiana Michele, of Resilient Art Space, paints different colorful and beautiful murals.


I don't want to get too personal or deep, but she started painting once she found herself a little down. She is a recent breast cancer survivor and her paintings reflect her resilience and strength. Painting has made her happier and soothing for her mind, body, and soul.  


Kiana is based out of Rochester, NY, but she did live in Arizona for quite sometime. I met her through a mutual friend at a gathering and we have kept in touch ever since. She has such great positive energy and attitude towards life and I get that from her art work as well.



I love how she plays around with different textures, materials, and colors. She recently painted a canvas for her grandmother's birthday. 

Dope! 


This just goes to show that being creative shouldn't feel forced or like work. We all have it creativity inside of us. We just need to let go and do things that we love and experiment with it. Life is too short to dwell and say "what if". Kiana is the perfect example of letting go and let live. I love her!! 



You can see more and purchase her work here. I am redecorating my home and I usually decorate around artwork. I have my eye set on the Midnight Rendezvous piece. What is your favorite piece?

Kiana Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment