Monday, June 29, 2015

High Bun x Mesh

It't hot out here B. Sweat was rolling down my legs wearing this at 5pm yesterday. I know it's Arizona, but blogging in Arizona heat is a challenge. I guess I can't complain because most cities have snow and more weather challenges. At least it's sunny 80% of the time.

Which brings me to my new high bun. I went relaxer free about 7 months ago. I tried it once before last year and lasted only 3 months. I figured if I can make it a year, I can make it all the way. Even though my hair isn't that long and I keep it shaved, it's still a challenge.


Its too hot here to have long protective styles and I am tired of my forehead sweating. So this bun will be in my hair for most of the summer. 



My "It's hot as hell" stance. 
At first I wasn't sure about the bun, but now I love it. It opens up my face and I don't have to do shit to my hair. Yet, stills gives me that edgy look. Anyway, you will be happy to know this dress didn't come from the thrift store. Yes, its a dress.



My friend Ashley works at Macy's in Chicago and always showing me dope shit coming into Macy's. I rarely go and when I do, it's for specifics. 


They had a sale and the cashier gave me double discounts. The dress was originally priced at $98, tuh. I spotted it being overlooked by a few girls, thinking it would fit weird. After I tried it on I knew I had to have it, but for $98 I was willing to leave it. 


After discounts and their sale, the total came out to $50. Still a bit steep since I am always in a thrift store, but I can see myself wearing this dress many times all year. It is also very comfortable. Sexy and fun!

Dress: Macy's; Heels: Steve Madden; Sunglasses: Dior

I also purchased a Rachel Roy dress that I am wearing for a daytime look on vacation. I'll capture that dress next week. 

What do you think of the look?


No comments:

Post a Comment