Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Melanin Poppin - Summer/Healthy Skin Tips

Since it is March, Spring and Summer is around the corner and I wanted to touch on some personal skin benefits. I have dry skin that sometimes causes eczema being in the desert, so I wanted to give a few tips that have helped me over the years. 



Tanning! Yes, tanning. Black girls tan too boo. Also hydro-derma fusion and Red Light Therapy are my go to favorites to keep my skin in check. I also personally hate using bronzing lotion, it is a waste of my money and time. Plus last only a day.

 

I personally like tanning because it brings out the undertones under my skin. Gives me a nice glow all year round. In Arizona during the summer months I don't go as often, but during the winter I like to go once a week if my schedule allows. I do use a bronzing lotion though, instead of tanning oils, while using the machine.
 
Tanning is also great to help even skin tone, we tend to have some areas that are lighter or darker than others. Tanning helps, trust me. I sit for about 8-10 minutes in a session, but it varies based on skin type. I would start off small, maybe 3-5 minutes a session or speak with an attendant for best results. The glow last about two weeks for me, but again this varies based on skin type.
 
I have yet to try spray tanning, I am not so much a fan of it. Maybe I will try it this summer to share my results and experience with it. I just think the UV Rays help best for my skin and my goal. 


When my skin is really dry during the winter, I do hydro-derma fusion. It is a full body machine that uses infrared heat, steam, and nutrients to hydrate the skin. While your body is inside this capsule, it heats up over 100 degrees, pushing steam and nutrients throughout your skin. 


There are different oils that you can choose from to put into the steam. Detox, hydration, etc. You stay inside the capsule for about 20 minutes. It does get hot as hell, but worth it. Your skin comes out softer and smoother. They also say it can burn up to 300 calories per session. I think that it does help tighten things up, but I haven't measured weight lose results yet.

I can't say away from the machine during the winter, but the summer it hard LOL. When it heats up here to 110 everyday, it is hard to convince myself to sit in the 120 steam capsule. But it is cheaper than the spa and similar results. 


Red Light Therapy is also a go to for me, especially with breakouts. Red Light Therapy is infrared technology that produces different light sources to assist with skin healing. Rather it is acne, dark spots, wrinkles, veins, joints, pore size etc. It is a machine similar to the tanning bed, but the light inside are not UV rays and does not make your skin any darker. 


The light helps your body to produce enzymes, elastin fibers, and collagen. You can use the machine up to 3-4 times a week, depending on reason and results. 

I personally have not used the machine consistently enough for some skin issues, but again I will try to stay consistent to share my results with you.


  I know you probably have a lot of questions about rather or not you should try it. Not having before or after pictures for you doesn't help, but I wanted to write a quick post about this before the summer hits. I promise to capture some before pics and consistently go and share my results, hoping to encourage you. 

All day we hear about light skin and dark skin bullshit. At the end of the day it is your skin and how well you treat it. Tanning for me does not make me that much darker, but I am sure that may vary based on skin types. 


I tan for reasons of skin issues and I love how my undertones beam after each session. It is amazing what UV Rays can do. I say try it once, if you don't like it, then your skin will go back to normal. I also recommend the hydro-derma treatments at least. 

If you try any of these treatments, let me know and I will share your results or story. You can email or tag me with your results on any of my social networks @justmariklo.

Have you ever tanned before?


No comments:

Post a Comment