Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Hawaiian Shirt Turns Chic

It's summa time, yes! It was 88 degrees outside yesterday. I almost went for a swim. I have tried to keep up with real winter looks for everyone else, but it is too hot to pretend. Plus it is March and Spring is practically here.

In-between my 24 hour resting period over the weekend, I decided to play with my camera a little bit more. I still feel like need another lens. Make things a little more crisp. But I am still figuring it all out.

I used a tripod this time. It was a bit awkward, but I want to see how well I could capture my own images. Running back and fourth after 10 continuous shoots, playing with lighting and poses.

This white wall has been my go to background for pics, it is at a church, but when the heat really hits I need quick crisp pics. Sometimes I feel horrible about it because I am literally at a church wearing a just a t-shirt. *kanye shrug*



I went to H&M yesterday, to get some basics. I wandered into the men's department and stumbled upon this cool black and white tropical top. The men's department has a lot of cool, crisp, clean cut items. But I know T-shirt dresses will be my thing this summer because they are so easy.

With AZ being so hot, having a light weight one piece is necessary.


I swore I wouldn't wear these shoes again, because of some issues I had with them. But I paid good money for them and I will use them until I feel like my money is well spent. So I have about $202 to go...smh. 


I wore my white and black wedges with them first, but they didn't give off he same look...


While taking pics a big ass black carpenter bee decided to be apart of the pictures. I ran and patiently waited long enough for him to pollinate those beautiful flowers, so I could get this shot.

Patiently, really meaning I let his ass sit for about 30 seconds, because I was losing my sunlight. This was the best pic I could get without my face showing fear of losing my life.


I also headed to the park around the corner from my house, where oranges trees are planted in rows on each side of the street. I love AZ for this moment.

Anyway this picture quality sucked for me because the sun was actually down. I had to play with he settings just to get this lighting. I didn't want to use a flash. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.


This look just reminds you to be open minded with fashion. We put restrictions on ourselves and create these limitations. You have to shop in all sections to find unique pieces. Although this was in H&M, I doubt I see someone else wear this as a dress...as far as the pattern.

I will be wearing this a lot this summer and for only $30!

What do you think of the look?

2 comments:

  1. I really like this look, way to break the rules girl. I adore your shoes and these pictures look good, you did well.

    Princess Audu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you girl, the black and white contrast made me love this look.

      Delete