Monday, December 22, 2014

A Coke and a Smile - My Holiday Look

Hi all! Christmas around the corner and I wanted to do a non-traditional holiday look. Well, even though red is a traditional color, you usually see a lot of sequins and dark colors. I wanted to create a cool and breezy look, that will make people talk. Also this is the last of my thrifting haul finds from a few months back. 

With the new year I want to add more art and culture to the blog, which is another love of mine. So moving forward you will see a lot more of the arts, that I am hoping to find throughout the city.



I found this painting on the side of a building and it just reminded me of my hometown Chicago. The artist name is Hugo, was born in Bolivia and raised in New York. He came to Arizona to get his Masters and has many other amazing paintings and sculptures that you can find at hugosart.com.


Having a lot more fun in photos to end the year with a bang and hopefully shed more light on my personality.


 I purchased this Coca Cola shirt at Target and the skirt at Goodwill.


The skirt came with a blazer, but the blazer is a bit too big, so trying to figure out what to do with it.


The shoes are Jessica Simpson, they have a quilted look. I love them!



Sunglasses by Dior and lipstick is Mac in Russian Red.

Shirt: Target; Skirt: Goodwill; Shoes: Jessica Simpson; Sunglasses: Dior

As usual I didn't use any accessories and let the outfit speak for itself. However I do need to play around with more accessories to show you guys for inspiration. 

Overall I am happy with this look. A perfect Holiday look for any party or dinner. Fun, flirty, sexy, and cool.

What do you think of the look?

4 comments:

  1. Uggggh!!
    I liiiive

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVEEEE this outfit. So cute, the color is great. I'm drooling over the red shoes and can't believe you got that skirt at a thrift store. I also love the art work! Great combination.

    http://www.mahogany-closet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again, yeah the art work is something I will continue to do now, it brings life to the site...I also find so many great pieces thriftting, you should hit up your local thrift store.

      Delete