Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Cash Money x B.Day 7/7

"Cash money records taking over for the 99 and the 2000's" *cues beat*. If you're reading this I am somewhere in Vegas, drunk, enjoying my last moments as a 27 year old independent black woman, who occasionally needs a man.

Gambling on the nickel slots because I feel like I am lady luck, with a birthday on 7/7. Yes, nickel slots bih, I don't plan to lose no more than $5...*tuh*. Don't forget to follow my snap chat: @Justmariklo.

I know aging is upon me when I said the words "Player Hater" so casually the other day.


 You remember when ODB wanted his money? "Hey, Dirty! Baby I got yo money, don't you worry..." 

or when Chris Rock asked "How much for one rib?".
Or when Fly Guy had the flyest poetic moment about b*tches betta have his money?


*cues Juvenile*

"You a paper chaser
You got your block on fire
Remaining a G, until the moment you expire
You know what it is, you make nothing out of something
You handle your biz and don't be cryin and suffering" - Juvenile (Huh)


 Rihanna wasn't the first to want her money, hell. I am headed towards a road of working for myself and my goals are getting clearer. In the end it is about the dollas and cents. Ok, life and all that matters of course, but I do have bills that aren't going anywhere.

Instead of downgrading, I am finding other ways to make money. I want that shit figured out before I turn 30. I already own a business, but haven't put my all into it yet. I am creating more time and goals for myself as I turn 28. 


I provided a lot of free services and advice to others and I still will for certain situations. But moving forward I am like...

"Honey, you gots to pay me!"


I remember when I was in high school and we went to a lot of basement parties. I didn't work through my high school years because I hustled. I had a $20 allowance and my daddy would hook me up time to time, but everything else I hustled. I refused to work at McDonald's. Nothing wrong with it, but it wasn't for me.

So to make money, I threw parties almost every other weekend. Sometimes in my basement, sometimes rented a hall. I would charge they ass at the doe! $3 - $5 a head. Buy a bucket of chicken, pay a DJ, and back then it was cheap. I would come out on top a few hundred a party. I had to pay for my Baby Phat and Jersey dresses some way.

This was when Cash Money was taking over and before Mystikal caught a case. When I wasn't that great at backing my a$$ up because I was too busy collecting my money at the doe.



I always said I wouldn't work in an environment where I couldn't be me or dress like me. It has always worked out for me.

The point is, this year is all about my dreams, goals, and ambitions. Taking more risk and putting more time into my dreams, instead of others. Creating time slots that are only allotted for my goals. Getting back to my hustlers mentality and not relying on a 9-5.

We live short lives and have no room for what ifs. I found I have made the best decisions of my life based on impulses and not over thinking every movement. Sharing my movements with you along the way is also a goal. I want to inspire everyone around me.

Carpe Diem!!!


So, I saw this blazer on an IG thrift store that I follow and knew it had to be mine. It's tacky and ratchet, I know this. That was the whole idea. This blazer represents my mind frame moving forward and to remain true to myself along the way.


The 40 is my sense of humor, I drunk half of it before I fell asleep.

Also my friends have been on my case about dressing too conservative and what happened to the old me (in Drakes Voice). So this is for they a$$ too. 

Blazer: CryKitsPlayHouse (IG Thrift Store); Shorts: Zara; Heels: Steve Madden; Sunglasses: Dior; Necklace: H&M; Belt: BCBG; Bra: Ashley Graham for Addition Elle

 Side note: After looking at these pictures, I actually hate the belt...*kayne shrug*

I dedicate this entire post to my future self and my humor.

I have another birthday look that I will share when I get back into town. Until then, enjoy my throwback money making inspirational videos...






3 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh ahahahahaha!!
    Yo you brought me back B, when you said Baby Phat, I said yesssssssssss!
    Remember Apple Bottoms?

    What HAPPENED to those because they were seriously bomb.
    Back when shopping at Macys was high society hee hee!

    Happy HAPPY BIRTHDAY babe! At 27 you were doing already doing too much, at 28 you're gonna be doing the most and cheers to THAT huntttyyyy!!

    Although I wish you would have opened up that kimono for us to see.... just saying... :D

    Sending you lots of looooooooooove!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAOOOOO Girl I spent so much money on all that whack 2003 hip hop fashion lmao and here I thought the bra showing was too much lmao I will next time, Thank you boo!!

      Delete
  2. I hate to say it, but yes, that jacket is ratchet... but it works. Definitely a conversation piece. Honey, GET YOURS! Start new businesses, make more money, do you, earn it and enjoy it. I love to see my young black sisters getting in the game and doing it!
    http://ahhhsoneo.com

    ReplyDelete