Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Blue Trench x Color Block

Finally I am back with outfit posts. I got some much needed rest and put myself first for a change. I feel recharged. I usually never go a week without an outfit post, but I forced myself to let my mind, body, and soul heal. Sometimes we push ourselves so hard, that we ignore our bodies needs. Even though I just came back from a "vacation", I really didn't have time to rest.
 


The perfect ideal vacation for me is the beach, sleep, and food. That's it! No phone, work, thoughts and a lot of wine. Anyway, I haven't captured my blue trench in a long time or my white wide legged pants, so I paired them together. 




I bought this orange purse at Nordstrom's Rack for $9 two weeks ago. I am not too crazy about purses. I usually find a good one and keep it until it gives up on me. I am more into clutches for nights out. I need to step my purse game up. 


I thrifted the trench from Goodwill a while back for I believe under $10. The white top is also a thrift find at Goodwill of course. The pants I purchased at JcPenny's during a Holiday sale. These dope alien frames are from Nordstrom. 


I love how the faux fur ball looks on the purse. I can't wait to restock them with more colors. I didn't really plan on color blocking this look, but it worked out in my favor. By the way, it was 108 out when I took these photos. My facial expression under the frames says it all.


I am getting used to this bun life though. Since I decided to go natural 8 months ago, it was getting harder and harder to deal with the transition and the heat. I still have permed ends that I am chopping off month by month.

It is pretty long in the front and I am still trying to figure out what to do with it. Until then, I will have this bun. No matter how hot I get, my bang is out of my damn face. 

Trench & Top: Goodwill; Pants: JcPenny's; Purse & Glasses: Nordstrom; Fur Ball: Just Mariklo
I will share more of my natural hair journey soon, hopefully on YouTube. My hours changed a bit at work, so I will now have more time to dedicate to you and my goals. Speak things into existence.
Anyway, what do you think of the look?

2 comments:

  1. Saw this look on Instajizzle and scared the person sitting next to me on the T because I immediately screamed YAAAASSSS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I can picture you doing that, Thanks boo!! A lot of people seem to like it and I just through it togetherm that's how it always turns out though lol

    ReplyDelete