Monday, November 10, 2014

Blazer Dress x Thrifting

So recently I have been hitting up thrift stores to see what I can find. I have been a few times before, here and there, but never really put my all into it. Usually when I find things, I have to get them altered,but I have to get most things altered regardless.

I decided to hit up a few to see what I could find and scored a few gems. I went to My sisters closet, goodwill, and a local thrift store. I personally chose to go to the thrift stores in retirement communities to find the blazers, glitz, and glamor. For more trendy finds, I hit up shops in popular young communities or near fashion markets. In the next few weeks I will be wearing my findings.

Lets start off with my personal favorite...a navy blue military blazer/jacket.




I found this blazer in Goodwill for $7! I actually left it in the store when I first spotted it because the sleeves were a bit short for my taste. But I kept thinking about it throughout the day and decided to go back to purchase it. A great decision.


What I love most about over sized blazers is that it can be worn in many different ways. I decided to first wear it as a dress. I personally would like it to fit a bit better, to give it a polished look, but I wanted to be more realistic towards my findings to share with you.



I couldn't stop messing with the buttons lol...


I fell in love with the military buttons. 


I didn't use any accessories, I wanted to keep it sleek and simple to showcase the blazer. Also you know I always say less is more.

Blazer: Thrift; Heels: Fergie; Sunglasses: Dior

I wore it as a jacket with jeans for a listening cocktail party the other night. This is the perfect item to have in my closet because AZ is not that cold in the winter. I can wear it many ways and for only $7, how can you be mad right?

I think everyone should try thrifting at least once in their lifetime. Remember it is about patience and having a great eye. I suggest going alone or with a very supportive friend that has the same goals. Otherwise you can possibly miss a great find or get talked out of purchasing findings that you possibly love.

  What do you think of the look?

No comments:

Post a Comment