Monday, November 17, 2014

D.I.Y. Embellished and Fun Beanies Inspiration

The temperatures are dropping drastically and I stumbled upon a few cute beanies for the season. Eventhough it is not snowing here in Arizona, it can get a bit chilly. While looking for cute beanies, I found out that they are very over priced.

Not just because I only need them for a few months, overpriced, but why are they $100 and up overpriced. I even saw a few for $300! Now some of the beanies below are in a high price range, but I wanted to give you some inspiration to try to make a few at home.


With the Holidays approaching and time off work, this is a cool project to do with friends, family, and kids. Lets look at a few of my favorite that you can possibly try at home. 

Embellished Beanies:
Fun beanies



 My favorite are embellished beanies because they bring glam to a casual look. They are also my favorite to make. There aren't any limitations with sparkles.

Fur Ball:

Fun beanies


The fur ball beanies are the easiest to make for me, I plan to make more for purchase later in the week.

Quirky & Fun Beanies:

Fun beanies


The quirky and fun beanies are probably the most complex to make. You first have to think of a theme, then materials needed. Just use your imagination and have fun with it.

You can purchase a plain beanie anywhere from $2 to $40. Go to your local craft store and go to work!

If you really have a sense of humor, you can purchase these meme based beanies. Including the Sips on Tea Kermit and Depressed Kanye. Ha!

Here are the fur ball beanies I made over the weekend.




I will make more and show you how later in the week. What do you think of the beanie trend?


No comments:

Post a Comment