Monday, August 18, 2014

D.I.Y. - Apple Cidar Vinegar Facial Toner

Do you have acne, eczema, hormonal, or stress breakouts?

I have the most sensitive skin on the planet. I know I might be over exaggerating, but I have eczema, allergy, and hormonal related breakouts.  Certain products that I use on my skin can also make it worse, until I found a natural solution. This facial toner can be made with just simple products that are available in your home.


I do not write enough about beauty products, but I would like to start discussing it more. When it comes to skin care I am very simple and stick to what works. There are a lot of products out there that make a lot of promises and cost a lot of money. We fail to realize that our skin and body reacts best with natural products. It isn't rocket science when it comes to taking care of our skin. We just have to stay consistent and find out the main cause of our breakouts.

Apple cider vinegar is a natural acid and most breakouts are caused by unstable balances in our PH levels. When the Vinegar is diluted, it helps balance and restore our skin's PH levels back to normal. It also helps our skin keep away bacteria and helps with removing dead skin cells to avoid clogged pores. This toner can also help clear dark spots and even your complexion. I saw change in my skin after using this toner in a matter of a few weeks. 


My face is usually dry, so I use a moisturizing face wash that is soap free. I just started using this cream cleanser face wash in the past few months and I love it. I make sure that any cleanser I am using, does not have any salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. They are very harsh ingedients that my skin reacts badly to, causing  more breakouts.

You can use any face wash that you prefer.


I also use this Neutrogena vibrating cleanser. It comes with pre-filled soap pads and a battery. There are many face cleanser tools out there, this is the only one I have tried. I know I have my eye on the sonic wave spinning brush system.


After washing your face, let dry, and soak a cotton ball with the Apple Cider Vinegar mix. Just like any other toner, rub the cotton ball all over your face, avoiding eye contact. Let dry.

I know that this isn't the best smelling toner, but it works like magic. Once dry I continue with my daily face routine, rather it is makeup or a facial moisturizer.

The best advice I can give to help with breakouts or dark spots, is to allow your skin to breathe. If you wear makeup on a daily basis, make sure you wash your face every night, run errands without foundation, go the whole weekend without makeup. You need to allow your skin to breathe in order to heal properly.

Ingredients needed to make the toner:


1.  1/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar


2. 2/3 cups Green Tea that has been cooled to room temperature.

I use green tea to dilute the apple cider vinegar, instead of water. Green tea also has great benefits for your skin such as rejuvenating skin cells, sooth acne, and neutralize UV lighting. You can see more benefits of using green tea for your skin here.

Steps:

Brew one tea bag of green tea, follow the instructions for brewing on the back of the tea package. Let cool. Measure 2/3 cups of green tea, pour in a small container. Measure 1/3 cups of Apple Cider Vinegar, pour into the container with the green tea. Stir. Once the ingredients are mixed you can apply the toner to your skin, after cleansed, with a cotton ball.

Store in your fridge up to 14 days.


You can also make an exfoliate mask with the ingredients, that you can use twice a week.

  • 1 tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
  • 2 tsp of green tea
  • 1 tsp Honey
  • 5-7 tsp of granulated sugar (raw sugar or sea salt can be used)
Mix the above ingredients in a small container. After cleansing your face, apply the exfoliant mask to your face, running in a gentle circular motion. Continue to rub on your face, avoiding eye contact, for 2-3 minutes. Leave on your face for another 10-15 minutes. Rinse.

You can apply the toner you made to your face once you rinsed and dried your face.

I know that this may seem like a lot of information and steps to make this toner, but it is actually very easy and works the best for me. I think you should try it out and set a 30 day challenge to see if you notice a difference in your skin. I also apply the toner to stubborn pimples that I get over night and they disappear within hours.

You can also look into what you are eating in your diet that may cause more breakouts. Again your skin starts from within, so drink plenty of water to help flush out your system from toxins.

If you try this routine, don't forget to tag me or comment below your results. 


2 comments:

  1. Making this ACV toner right now! Waiting for the green tea to cool down :) Can't wait to try it thank you! Do you use any all natural moisturizer after?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't normally need a moisturizer after using the cream facial cleanser. If I do a moisturizer, it it is from Garnier Fructis or Nivea. Something that is really light. I am happy that you made it. Let me know how it works out for you. Thank you for coming to the blog.

      Delete