Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Escapades x Food x Life

Sorry I haven't posted anything new yet as of this week in the fashion world, but I am just getting back on track from a trip over the weekend. I have been quite busy with travels, work, events, and life. I captured of few moments that I wanted to share.


 
I landed back in Cali, earlier this month, yet again, this time I went to the Santa Monica Pier. When I go to Cali, I usually just go straight to Orange Country and stay there. I try not to travel to L.A. much to avoid traffic and people LOL. I forgot how crowded the pier can be and how dirty the beach is, compared to the beaches at Laguna or Dana Point. I still enjoyed my time there nevertheless. Bonfires, lots of coffee, food, friends, and family.


I also attended a recent fashion event in Phoenix. I ran into my two favorite people, from left to right, Joanee, who is a stylist and Sila from @stylesbysns.

Joanne is wearing a dress from the H&M conscious collection, that seems to be sold out everywhere. How fab!

Sila is wearing a Bob Marley graphic tee and asymmetric black skirt, with leather trim. I also fell in love with her heels! You can find her heels here for only $40. She is a walking example of my graphic tee and pencil skirt obsession seen here. Perfect!


I am trying to really really understand the fashion community in Arizona. The culture here lacks and fashion is never a topic. I must admit, it can be difficult, but lets see if I can turn that around for this beautiful city.


I also attended a baby shower for one of my friends. There was so much great food and games. Look how cute the cake was. I can't wait for her to deliver. 


Over the weekend I went to Vegas to visit an old friend. I feel like I am constantly going, but each time I go, I experience new things. I went to the ATM to withdraw money and noticed that the fast cash choice was set to $200. LOL This is something I would not notice after all day drinking binges and poolside dancing. If you aren't careful, you can easily lose your life savings.

I also stopped at Hoover Dam,which I haven't seen since I was a child. I am terribly afraid of heights and some how forgot about that when I decided to go. It is a beautiful sight, but nothing I ever want to see again.

Heels: BCBG; Shorts: Lucky Brand; Vest: H&M; Purse: Marc Jacobs; Glasses: H&M

The strip is a few miles long and you always want to dress in comfortable shoes. You don't realize how much walking that you are doing, until your feet is screaming a few hours later and have to catch a cab back to your room to soak them. 


I brought with me my most comfortable heel from BCBG and I must say that I was not in any pain at the end of the day. I have owned them for four years now and they have become a great investment.


A cold glass of champagne was my drink of choice for lunch on the strip.


Brian Atwood blessed my humble feet with these iridescent black pumps.


Last but not least, I celebrated my sisters birthday a week ago, at a really great Chinese place. I must say that this was the best fortune cookie I have ever received. I great message that I wanted to share.

Positivity in your life, will always create positive results. Just let it go!

It has been a busy month and I have many more plans to come. I will continue to capture my moments to share with you...until next time. XOXO

Traci Mari Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment