Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Yay or Nay - Sock with Heels Trend

Another year another trend. Let's continue discussing the trends that we saw in 2014 and if we want to see them in the new year. So the sock with heels trend has been awhile for a long time now, but usually connected to the preppy girl look. Now this trend has been seen around on runway models, editors, and bloggers around the globe. Don't forget Carrie Bradshaw.

They are pairing them with skirts, shorts, jackets, and pants. I personally am not fully convinced of this trend because it can be a hit or miss. Pair the wrong kind of sock, heel, and outfit, it can start to look a bit crazy.



If I had to wear them, this look would be my favorite. The toned down color combination is perfect for this look.




This is probably a second favorite. I love the detailed sparkle, giving a basic look some flair.



Although I enjoy this look, I am a bit confused. I am not sure if it is fall or summer. The fur jacket needs to go in my opinion.


Perfect!



Again this is perfect!


Questionable...





For Fashion Week, I will allow it.




I can't take it...


So I believe it is easier to get away with this trend if the heel is a closed toe. Something about open toe sandals and socks makes me cringe. However I think with the right color combination and outfit, you may be able to pull it off like the girl above.

This is definitely a trend for someone who likes to take risks and knows their style. I just might try this trend to see how it turns out and share it with you. What do you think of the trend? Will you try it?

Images: Google

2 comments:

  1. Naaaaay! Definitely won't be trying this one myself!
    I really don't like this 'socks and sandals' trend...
    It's like the walk of shame when you have cold tootsies but only your heels with you to go home - not a good look!
    Having said that, most of these pictures are opened toed and like you said, it makes it slightly worse! Maybe black heels and black frilly socks might be okay - less noticeable and more girly!

    haha!

    Thanks for sharing,

    May // www.dropsofbrandy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yes I agree with you, not something I can get into, not to mention it might be a bit difficult to walk with them on...Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts! xoxo

      Delete