Wednesday, December 3, 2014

90's Era Trends to Keep in 2015

With the New Year approaching, I wanted to go over a few trends from 2014 that I would either hate to see go or love to stay. So the next few weeks I will touch on a few trends from the previous year. As a 80's baby, I wanted to touch on my favorite trend that just keeps sticking around...the 90's! Although I was born in the late 80's, I grew up and fell in love with fashion from the 90's.

So I am not sure if I am bias with the 90's trend or if they are actually dope, but this is a list of trends I would love to stay around. Lets get into a personal favorite...

Grunge Tie Waist:


Ok, I know this trend is being abused this year, but I am still not tired of it. I am not sure why, but I think I like how it can pull together a look easily, just by adding a jacket or shirt around the waist.

I recently wore this look in a grey and black combination.




See...



I also love how you can have so much fun with it.


Playful...


and chic!


Canadian Tuxedo:

Denim on denim on denim!! I wish I was sick of seeing this too and I am almost there. Almost!


But it is just something about this look that can be changed in different ways, that makes me love it.


Dark wash...


Light and dark wash...



or whatever way Rihanna shows you how to wear it. I want it to stay just a little bit longer. It is also a very cheap look, we all have denim in our closet.


Plaid Madness:



Mad for plaid! This also coincides with the waist tie with plaid shirts.


Mix it up. 




Or make it a focal point. I love it and I want it to stay around for all seasons of 2015.




Goth Lips:


I call them goth lips because in the 90's all of the movies or shows of women wearing a dark lip, were depressed goths or witches. Product of the 90's for sure. Now the lip color is a common go to color for any woman.




This is a bit too dark for my taste, but I love it on her.


Bucket Hats:



Ok, yes I said bucket hats! LOL Although I haven't seen them as much as I would like to, they are popping up more and more. Rihanna alone has worn bucket hats many times. Between her and the runway, I am sure we will see more of this trend in 2015. 




Bucket hats really take me back and make me quite happy. Memories or Mary J. Blige on Yo MTV Raps cross my mind and when I fell in love with her. What's the 411?


Anyway, lets keep this trend going...


Dr. Martens:


I owned a pair of Dr. Martens that rode with me for ten years. Through thick and thin. 


I don't normally wear flats, but when if I have to, it will be Dr. Martens. 



The Jodeci boots...


Yes I went there...



 I know that fashion eras always come back around eventually and the 90's are definitely here to stay! I personally think it is the coolest era, a mixture of the 70's and 80's. One of my favorite eras other than the 20's and 60's.

 I just hope that we don't ever EVER EVER go back to the early 2000's. I just got chills thinking about it. Anyway, do you like the current 90's trend? Which is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment