Thursday, August 27, 2015

Vitamin B12 Rant

This week has been slightly stressful for me. I am aging and climbing up to that 20 hill.  My local pharmacy had a sale for buy 1 get 1 free on vitamins. Of course I am like "well I am and it is a sale, so why not try vitamins every day to help slow down the aging process." Did I mention I have high levels of anxiety and make small matters into large ones? LOL...I purchased over $100 worth of vitamins, including large containers of B12. 

Ever since my schedule at work changed, I find myself drinking tons of energy drinks. Which is why I decided to start taking B12 supplements. That was last Monday and my face started breaking out a little. It has been getting worse by the day. To the point where I haven't left the house besides work and of course food. 



I didn't change my face routine, eating habits, and even started drinking a gallon of water a day to cleanse my system. It didn't once dawn on me that Vitamins could be the issue. I mean they are vitamins right? They should all be great for you. My friend Ashley suggested that the Vitamins could be the cause of it, since it was the only routine that I have changed, ever since my face cleared up a few months back. 


I Googled it and found out that the B12 Vitamin can cause massive breakouts. Especially if you already have issues with acne or sensitive skin. What the fuck!! Do you know how mad I am about this? Here I am thinking I am aging gracefully and trying to be more aware of my body, just to find out that this small pink pill is fucking me up. 

I also just popped one this morning right before my Google search. The fact that I considered making myself vomit that hell pill, in my office bathroom, says a lot. I thought about it several times and still considering it, but I will digress. 

I am just happy and thankful that the cause is something small and can be changed. Just like the Mac foundation breakout catastrophe. It just sucks that my body and skin is so sensitive to a lot of things. If I use the wrong lotion, drink the wrong juice, or breathe funny, I might have a break out. I guess it is just a trial and error thing that I will have to continue to deal with in life. 

As of today I will stop all of my vitamins and drink my gallon of water a day until my face clears. Then I will buy each vitamin separately and take them one by one to see how I react. Once I find out my magic combination, I will take them all daily. #Science

I will also get my Vitamins as natural as possible. Starting with researching and blending fruits and vegetables as my daily intake. Doing this 30 day water challenge also means no alcohol, but tonight I will pour me a glass of wine bih. 

Do you suffer from sensitive skin issue? What is your daily routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment