Thursday, August 20, 2015

Camouflage x Tomboy

I swear the men's department is looking better and better every time that I try to shop. These fast track shopping centers are pushing out the same shit and the same horrible quality clothing. Making it very difficult for women who want to create their own lane and stay on a budget. It is quite depressing and that is why you will always find me in a thrift store. 

This look is surprisingly not thrifted, but I did have to get a bit creative. I walked in not knowing what I was going to leave with. I just knew I wanted to create a casual summer to fall look, without looking like another damn blogger. I haven't had time to make it to my normal thrift stores, so I tried to make do.



The fact that these pants were sitting in the men's department for only $12, made me knees weak. I just though about Aaliyah and wanted to sing "Back back back and fourth..." LOL.



I went to Marshalls and the first item I came across was this dress by Kenneth Cole. I grabbed it because it was versatile and the fabric has a great quality. I didn't think that I would wear it for this look, but I had to have it in my wardrobe.   


After making numerous rounds in the woman's department searching for an answer, I saw these camo pants sitting in the men's section. I came across a pair in H&M last week, but left them there because the camo print was just too faded for me. 

I love how vivid the colors are in these pants and how the bottom of the pants are elastic. For $12 it was an easy decision for me. 



 So I knew I would pair the dress and the pants together. I ended up coming across this bright yellow top and decided to add it to the look for a pop a color. If I went towards darker colors, it would've looked too much like fall.

I went home and pieced it together, this was the result.

Dress (Top), Pants, Blouse: Marshalls; Top: Cotton On; Heels: Steve Madden; Sunglasses: Nordstrom; Rings: Nordstrom Rack; Necklace & Bracelet: Rocks Box

I am really content with my overall look and happy that Marshalls came through for me. The total cost of this look is under $100. The top is a dress, pants are mens department, the yellow blouse is a bit too small, but I still found a way to use incorporate it into the final look. It is a simple look, but really comfortable and a new favorite. 

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I love this look!!!! And knowing those pants came from the men's department makes me love it even more. I wouldn't have thought to even look there. Thanks for the inspiration.

    -Melissa
    Mahogany Closet

    ReplyDelete