Saturday, October 18, 2014

L.A. - Life x Fashion x Booze x New Friends x After Party

Finally, I finished sorting through all of my pictures and videos from L.A. Fashion Week and a few Phoenix events. As I said before I am still struggling with living in moments, while still trying to capture it. I think I am doing much better, this time I left the camera at home and just utilized my camera phone. I would prefer to have most pics a bit clearer, but this was a test for me. So it seems like I should invest in a smaller camera for when I am on the go.

Instead of placing the pictures in sections, I put them in order of how each event occurred. This is what I was able to capture between shows, outfit changes, driving, conversations, and low phone battery. Hope you enjoy...


I woke up at 3AM to get on the road to Cali and these were the amazing views I captured along the way. It kept me awake and motivated.
Pants: H&M; Shoes: Nine West; Shirt: Marshalls
 Even  though I have had weeks to prepare for the events, I didn't have time to think about what I was wearing. So when I made it to Cali, I decided to throw on this all denim look for the day time shows.

The first view was of this amazing wall constructed out of paper and gold spray paint. 


The first shows were held at Maker city in L.A., which is a place that provides studio space and equipment for designers and artist. Free booze and food! As soon as I walked in there were drinks with fun themes and lunch provided by the event.

 I went to the shows alone and was a bit nervous, so I was really happy to see that I wasn't the only one wanting a drink to get through the day. The Drunk in Love drink was made with watermelon juice.


A huge chair that sits in the front of Maker City, The Reef. A few closeups of the designs. I spent probably ten minutes in the building alone, before I met four people. A quick change and the shows continued...


  which was held at one of my favorite hotels, The W. The W on Hollywood Bvld was filled with a lot of different people and a few celebs.

Shirt: Zara; Hat: H&M; Glasses: Versace; Earrings: Betsey Johnson
I had to get a pic with Mercedes from The Bravo Show, Shahs of Sunset. She was very nice and prettier in person. The fashion at this show was...meh! On a positive note, I did meet more people in the industry.


The only star I could find in the night, after a few drinks, that actually meant something...don't judge.


My new bff Andrew, we spent the entire time together at events and clicked right away. He is from Canada and a bit more crazy than me.


Bitch stole my look...


Some how I ended up at a pumpkin patch...random!

Blazer: BCBG; Top & Skirt: H&M; Shoes: Steve Madden; Clutch: Ted Baker; Watch: D&G
For the second night of shows I decided to go a bit more formal.


The event was held at the Ace Museum in L.A. The shows had six presentations, one runway, and one live performance presentation. It was the best as far as entertainment goes.



The final walk through...


The Alexandrino presentation was great. He presented leather separates throughout his collection.


I love the hand painted leather tops. I cannot wait for his collection to be available.


You can preview and purchase his collection on October 23rd at www.shopalexandrino.com.


Next was the Mike Vensel presentation that served all black, sleek pieces for many occasions. The black maxi dresses were my favorite.


The models made me think about the cupcakes that I devoured right next to the venue. Anyway, you can see more at www.mikevensel.com.


Last, but not least, the CM2K presentation was the best out of all as far as presentation. The designer chose to spice things up a bit, by using dancers instead of models. Each dancer played a part in the presentation from swapping each others jackets to having solo dances. It was amazing.





I was able to capture a glimpse of the presentation on my phone before the battery died. I was not a complete fan of every piece from the designer, however the presentation of her collection made me want to purchase it all. That is what it is about right? Marketing! You can see more of her collection and videos at cm2k.clothing.

After the shows comes the after party...


So I didn't quite have time to locate the after parties for the fashion events, but I am happy that I didn't follow the crowd. I stuck to my new group of friends in L.A. and let them guide me. We ended up at a  rooftop lounge that was breathtaking.
A whirl pool by the bar, castle like amenities, fire place, DJ, performances, the list goes on. The line was crazy and I would've never thought something so cool was held in that area of town. If it wasn't for my flirtatious smile I gave off to the cool, bearded, cowboy hat wearing, guy with the clipboard...I would still be in line. I didn't find out that my cool friends, who were already inside, had rank to avoid the line...but who can communicate with a 5% battery life.


Weird, but cool...I am in love with this lounge so much, that I am posting a review of it.


As if we weren't already at a beautiful root top, they decided to go to one around the corner. I am happy that I was with locals, because I would have never went inside any of these creepy buildings to learn about the amazing rooftops.

 If you ever saw the movie Woo, you will remember a part where she took the guy to a creepy, quiet building, went in an elevator, to learn that there was a popular club inside. 

Two elevator rides later and a man in a suit to point in the direction of another rooftop, that took my breath away.This was my experience with the second rooftop lounge. It almost made me forget about the strong piss odor around the corner...a freaking four star restaurant and bar.


 I also tried my first mussel..I don't eat seafood, so this was a big deal for me. Was it good, yes. Will I try it again...Nope. Just crazy! 

I am doing a review on both lounges that I will post tomorrow....stay tuned.


A quick snap at one of the events from Phoenix...Love these two.


I also took a quick snap of a casual look I wore to a day event in town. 

So overall this was my best experience in L.A. I met so many different people and I can now say I have more connects in L.A., than I do here in Phoenix. 

The girl from who just moved to Fresno that blogs, the C.P.A. trying to figure it all out, the lovely blogger who found her love through the internet, the most natural beauty who moved from New York two weeks prior and showed support to her cousin, the blonde bombshell who rocked a lace separate, the guy who flirted enough with me to earn a coffee date the next day (yes I got a date in one night), the guy who turned a happy meal box into a fabulous accessory, the vintage queen who rocked a bob and made me love California more, the friend of the vintage queen who owned a real wooden pipe, the beatiful shaved headed blonde who is a stylist, the girl from Italy who shared the same bedtime as me, all of the ten men from Denmark who talked badly about American bars, that Cowboy with the clip board, and the guy from Canada that I made my bff! 

I know that was a lot to take in, but I really wanted to show that, in just two days, the amount the people I can now say I know. Each person was different and had a different story to tell. I learned a lot this year that you have to just go out alone, you will find more people and blessings.

 I had such a wonderful time and can't wait to do it again. I cannot imagine what New York Fashion Week will hold. 

I have to rush to a wedding right now, so until tomorrow...XOXO

Traci Mari Smith

5 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun. Love the pics and outfits. Glad you enjoyed the FW :)
    It's totally worth it to invest in a small and light camera. Mine fits in every clutch and the pics are great too.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went the LA show in 2012 I think it was and it looks like they have definitely stepped their game up since then. Maybe I will have to check it out again next year. If I can get on the list lol

    www.Mahogany-Closet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this was my first year going and it seemed quite pleasant. They have like 2 or 3 weeks worth of shows, next time I will attend the second part. Hopefully you will go and I will see you there, I love connecting with other bloggers.

      Delete
  3. Hello there! I happened upon your blog via Fashion bomb (kudos for being selected, you killed it!) I love your outfits a lot and your awesome personality that shines through the pages. I also like your lipsticks (the purple and orange ones) are they by MAC? Thanks and keep smiling:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I am happy you found the blog. Yes, the lipsticks are MAC, The orange one is called Russian Red and the purple on is called Heroine, I hope you come back to visit the blog soon!

      Delete