Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Escapades.Food.Life

Due to my blog still being fairly new, you will notice a few small changes that I make as I get used to updating the site. I originally wanted to capture all of the moments while I am traveling, however I am more of a live for the moment type versus capturing it. I created this new page title to show my life on the go, until I am able to find the middle ground of capturing moments while being in them.

Top row: Celine; Topshop; Saint Laurent
Middle row: Airport Deep Dish (which was amazing); cocktails and fish at Lux Bar
Bottom row: Wisconsin Farmland; Luxbar novelties; Chicago historic buildings
If you didn't already know, I was born in Chicago and I recently went to visit to witness my best friend receive her Masters Degree. While in my mind I wanted to capture so many things about one of my favorite cities, Chicago's weather made that a little difficult. It snowed upon arrival and then decided to rain right after. Even though I was born and spent over half of my life there, I was still pretty shocked.

We walked the streets for a few blocks before running into the fashion houses for heat. Of course that is what our excuse was :). 

1. Hat; Heels; Jacket; Glasses; Purse 2. Jacket (Similar); Shorts; Heels 3. Hat; Shirt; Jeans; Boots; Purse


Again due to the tight schedule and many outfit changes due to weather, I was only able to capture the above looks with a selfie. Not my first choice of course, but I wanted to share my looks with you anyway. I was actually happy to be able to wear some of my winter items again.


The weekend before Chicago I headed to a fashion meetup near The W hotel. I also did a little shopping while capturing another beautiful art piece that I am obsessed with.

1. To travel the lightest way possible for a fashionista, I usually put all of my looks together before packing. 2. A wonderful art piece located downtown 3. The W interior designs 4. Wigged out mannequins


While at the fashion meetup I captured a few street style looks. Florals and simple chic were on the menu for the night. Amazing! You can see their full look at the my Street Style page.

Thank you for being patient with me in my changes and I am excited to share my upcoming escapades with you soon. 

XOXO

Traci Mari Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment