Thursday, May 1, 2014

WTFashion...Devil wears sneakers

So over the past few years I have seen running shoes in the fashion community replace the heel, oxford, wedge, or flat. This season running shoes were everywhere, from the runway to the streets. I don't know if I am bias on this new trend, because I normally don't wear flats, however this trend just comes off to me as a bit tacky and confusing. 

I am assuming this trend generated from Manhattan, where many people are on the go and want to commute as comfortable as possible. Sometimes I even wished I didn't wear my pointy toe pumps the day I have a lot of unforeseen errands to tackle. But these running shoes are being paired with high fashion looks and pieces that just don't mesh.









I did find some cute running shoes that went great with the look like seen on the Chanel S/S 2014 runway. Here are some looks of the running shoe trend that I loved.





I for one am not all about over matching, but a look has to be somewhat cohesive for my taste. When I wear flats I go for loafers, oxfords, or even some chucks; however I understand the look for actual commuting fashionistas out there. Like most trends many people follow what is seen on everyone else, but when do we say "No this trend just isn't for me"?

I say we leave the running shoe trend for the actual runners and commuters that have a spare pair of shoes in their tote. This trend isn't for everyone and can ruin a great look. 

What are your thoughts on this trend? Will you be wearing running shoes this season?

Images: Google

No comments:

Post a Comment