Sunday, January 12, 2014

Risk season?

Award season is in full effect, which is great news for our sequin, lace, and chiffon addiction. Or am I the only one with the addictions? Anyway, another reason I love the award season is the fashion risks. I for one love taking risks, especially with my styling choices; however when there is a fine line between risk and WTF is that...

Lets start off by looking at my favorite risk choices at the 71st Golden Globes...

I must admit that I do not think this Prabal Gurung dress is Golden Globe appropriate; however how can you be mad at this art piece? This dress combined with the beauty of Zoe Saldana Risk Accepted!!


We have all grown to love the trendy cape look, but I have not seen this trend in such a simple yet mind blowing way. I believe it was a risk to wear both this Ralph Lauren combined cape and strapless look, yet make it look as effortless as this...A++ for Lupita Nyong'o


Cate Blanchett in Armani Privé...That is all!!

 _____________________________________________________________


Now for my least favorite looks...


It really broke my heart to not like this look from Stéphane Rolland. On the runway it looks great, but I don't like the result on Paula. The hem is weird and the shoes...I am lost. Risk failed!


OK, I know Drew Barrymore is pregnant in this Monique Lhuillier gown, but that does not leave her out of my "hate section" for the day. I just...and what the...I mean why...*sigh* My eyes hurt!

Do you take Fashion Risk? What were your favorite looks?

Photo credit: Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment