Friday, July 11, 2014

Escapades - Birthday

For my birthday I gave myself a mini vacation and other fabulous things. I escaped to my secret getaway where you forget about the outside world and reality. I stayed for a total of three days, sun bathing, drinking, eating, more drinking, and swimming.




The room I stayed in had a private entrance to the pool, directly from the patio of my room. Private outside showers, cabanas, table service...the works! I jumped in the pool at midnight of my birthday and went to bed. I am a person who gets high off sleep and relaxation, that was the most important part about this trip.

The resort was very colorful, from the room doors, to the walls on each corner. It is the place you go to when you just want to smile and get a lot of positive energy. I tried to capture as many moments as I could while trying to enjoy my four day weekend.



Shirt: Asos; Heels: Steve Madden; Glasses: H&M

I bought this pink sequin top months ago just for this moment. It is the type of thing you would only wear for occasions such as this. I used it as a swimsuit cover up while I lounged and walked around the resort all weekend. It flowed very well with the colors. I loved it!


My beautiful sister lounging on the day bed. Her skin is amazing and I envy her.



Mimosas and sorbet were my choices for desert. Very refreshing.


Sprinkles cupcakes was around the corner. I popped in right before they closed to grab two amazing cupcakes.


If you didn't already notice, pink is my favorite color. I saw this over the weekend for sale. I must say this is a dream car and I will own something like it one day.


I tried shrimp for the first time in 20 years...it still had eyes! That is all I am going to say about that.


On the way to the Resort, I love the desert mountains.

The pool had a bar and served food from 8am to 7pm. Yes, the bar is open at 8am! There are two pools, spa, and gym that is open to the public during business hours. There were so many hidden treasures in the resort, I found a new one each day, including the restaurant and bar that made you want to curl up and take several drunken naps.


There were breathtaking art pieces located all around the resort. This was my favorite piece located in the bar area.


You can rent bikes to take around town, of course they are pink. The resort lies in the heart of town where there are art museums, restaurants, shopping, and night life. On the weekends there are people driving golf carts around the bar strip, that will come pick you up and bring you back to the resort. I also snapped my private entrance to the pool.


My patio view...


I had such an amazing time, I cannot wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment