Thursday, July 17, 2014

D.I.Y. Lace Up Heels

I recently was looking to invest in a good pair of lace up sandals for the summer. I love how sexy and fun the heels look. I can also wear them pretty much year round living in Arizona. I haven't been able to find the perfect pair of lace up heels that doesn't cost $1000, so until my hunt ends, I settled for this quick D.I.Y.

Read Article




List of materials needed:

1. Removable strap ankle sandals. I already owned a pair by Micheal Antonio. 
2. Six yards of twisted silk cord
3. Four Large black tassels 
5. Four barrel cord ends
6. Four jump rings
7. Very strong quick drying glue, such as E6000, Gorilla glue
8. Pliers
9. Scotch tape

I purchased all of my materials at Joann Fabrics.


Fold the six yards of twisted silk cord in half, wrap a piece of scotch tape in the middle, and cut. Make sure to wrap the ends of the silk cord with tape to avoid fraying. Remove the ankle straps of the heels and thread the cord through the open loops. 


Put you foot into the shoe and wrap the cording around your ankle to get your desired length. If you cut off any excess cording, don't forgot to wrap tape around the ends. I used about 2 1/2 yards for each ankle.


Drop a few dollops of glue into the barrel cord ends. Put the ends of the silk cord into the barrel cord ends with the tape still attached. Wait a hour to dry or the time specified on the glue that you use. Repeat for the remaining ends.


Once dry, use the jump rings to attach to the tassel, then loop through the ends of the barrel cord ends.  Repeat for the remaining tassels and ends. Once everything is attached, carefully cut the loops off at the top of the tassels.


Viola!



If you are short on time, you can also just buy leather cording or hemp rope to tie around your ankle below:



This D.I.Y. was very easy to make and versatile. I can switch up the look by unhooking the tassels and using different cording. I am still on the hunt for the perfect lace up sandal, however now I will not be in any rush.

3 comments: