Monday, June 13, 2016

32 Weeks x Baby Shower

I miss blogging so much and interacting with my followers and friends. I am 32 weeks and 6 days today. I have 50 more days left of this pregnancy and I am happy I was able to rest for majority of it.

I see other pregnant bloggers who stay on their once a week blog schedule and I just think to myself "How?". Then I realize most of them are first time parents and blogging is their occupation. 







This is my third time around and I know time is of the essence. Getting rest and taking your time is the best way to prepare for a newborn. I have become a homebody and I love it. I also know as soon as the baby drops, I will be full speed ahead on the blog again, especially during my maternity leave.  

I can't believe during this long hiatus everyone is still coming to the blog for updates and even reading older post. That keeps me motivated to continue my journey. By the way it was 105 outside when I took these pics yesterday. I did it for y'all so appreciate lol.



This is getting cheesy I know, so I will jump ahead to my recent fashion choices, which is still midi dresses lol. I have lived in them and as much as I thought I could wear heels throughout my pregnancy, I had to put them away months ago. 

I love to be fashionable and all, but there are reasons why pregnant women should not wear heels. The first major reason is risk of falling. The last time I wore heels pregnant, I slipped on a glossy floor and all I could think about was falling on my belly. When I put on these heels to take pictures yesterday, it felt so good to feel normal again.



I also wore heels for two hours during my baby shower last weekend. I walked a few steps here and there and sat down the rest of the time. Felt like an old ass lady. As you guys know I hate corny shit, so my shower was the opposite of baby shower.

Light Trench: Kenneth Cole; Dress: Wet Seal; Heels: Steve Madden; Sunglasses: Dior

The venue, the cake, no games, alcohol was served, and trap music was played in the background. It was great. I had the shower at my favorite brunch restaurant in the art district of Phoenix called Bliss Rebar. They know me so well. Everything I wanted and asked for was perfect. 

I wanted the cake to be gender neutral and tasteful. I bought a pink crown that was meant to be worn and spray painted it gold for the cake topper. 


I spray painted mason jars with chalkboard paint and added flowers for the centerpieces. They were great take home gifts for everyone.



I made these really cool DIY glitter balloons, but they died in the car because the high that day was 118. Fucking insane, another reason I sit in the house. 



My best friend flew in just to rub my belly. Love you Andrea!


All of my friends came out to get drunk for me, while I watched sipping on apple cider. It was my last gathering until I can drink again.


Next time you see me I will be belly free. I can't wait! See you in August. 

XOXO

Traci Mari Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment