Monday, October 5, 2015

Turtle Neck x Closet Cleanout x Wordpress

Heeeeeeeeeeeey!! To say that I missed typing in this beautiful white box is an understatement. The last time I typed anything here, I was spilling out my life and shit. I really wanted to wait until my new updates were complete, but turns out WordPress is a bit more complicated than I imagined. It is going to take me a little longer to get things organized in WordPress, so I decided to keep posting here until the transition. 

I will be updating this site here and there to help with the transition, so you will see slight changes. The break I took was much needed and I feel like I went on vacation. Blogging is life! I missed you all so much and it is finally cooling down to a reasonable temperature where I can now layer without burning in hell. 



During the time I was away, I went through a clothing cleanse. I woke up, took all my clothes off the hangers, and gave away 70% of it. Fuck it! It was getting cloudy in my closet and hard to focus on creativity. 


You remember that scene in waiting to exhale when Angela threw away all of that assholes clothes, then burned them in the end? 

 That was me! Except I was cussing at myself for hoarding so much shit. #getyoshit




Fashion is Art and you have to be creative to make up looks everyday. Especially if you are trying not to look like everyone else. That is the hardest thing for me, challenging myself to not look like Instagram, but still stay on trend. Which we all know is why I love to thrift. 




I kept only essential and quality pieces. Learning more and more every day that quality over quantity is key. I will write more about how to clean out your closet properly later. I have been quite busy with fun life things, I will update you with this week.

Turtleneck & Jacket: Goodwill; Pants: H&M; Heels: hmm...I have to look; Clutch: Marc Jacobs; Glasses: Justmariklo

Did I mention the men's department is popping these days?






4 comments:

  1. Love it- I agree- I love wearing the same thing over and over. Solange and Beyonce do it all the time! I also have that jacket from the good will! Lol but my little brother stOle it! I'm loving this. THIS JUST REALLY CAPTURED WHAT I FEEL ABOUT MY CLOSET LOL. GLAD ITS CLEAN NOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl, Yeah I wear the same thing again and again, just trying to figure out how to capture here in different ways is always the challenge...Girl I saw this sitting in Goodwill and was like "why is this still here" it was too good of a steal. Girl clean that closet out lol or put things up so its not in the way of your everyday items.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are everythingggg boo!
    Love the cargo jacket combination ����

    And you're right about cleaning out the closest. I end up doing that every season just so I can fit more s*** inside it.

    And as a WordPress user, come get your life!

    ReplyDelete